Friday, December 16, 2005

A Church with Unity

Check out www.laurelbaptisttemple.org

I built my church's website.

Every New Year's Eve, our church has a special program called Watch Night. It is a time where the men of our church are allowed to preach for five minutes. It is a lot of fun as you will see a range of preaching.

I tend to do an instructional message. Others do encouragement. And, others do doctrinal messages. You will see skill levels from very well done to very green with a lot of desire.

The hardest part for me is that it takes me roughly one hour of study per minute of message I present. I cannot tell you why this is. It has just always been since I first preached in 1984.

My message this year will be about getting along as Christians united in the purpose of reaching people for the Lord. God moves in and uses a church that has unity. At the same time, God allows confrontation to weed out those who refuse to be used by Him.

A church that has unity will see increible things. That church will see events that could easily be classified as miracles. Not mundane things like being bite by rattle snakes and Aunt SUzie getting healed of hemmeroids. I have seen families repaired. I have seen drunkards get clean and never go back. I have seen those who oppose the church have a solid change of heart and join, becoming the strongest Christians the world has ever seen.

Our church is small, so unity is not that difficult to achieve, but it sometimes has its issues.

By the way, when you see me refer to church, I mean the group of gathered believers. If I mean the building, I will say church building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home