Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Sometimes, You Just Need To Get Back Up

Last night's open mic was rough. I had good material. Things just didn't go right. At the end, the MC asked if this was my first open mic...OUCH! I was floored. I questioned my desire to do stand up.

A comedian I only know as MKNOPE gave a good illustration. He likened it to a martial arts contest.

My first face off in Tung Soo Do was excellent, but because I made a couple mis-judgements, I did not win the competition. However, because I accepted it, I won "The Spirit of Tung Soo Do" Award. That was 15 years ago. My opponent has probably forgotten his tournament award. It may still be collecting dust. Mine is still important to me, because it is a motivation within me.

That motivation is driving me to keep on stand-ing up. See you at the next show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home